Asteria Hype

Chat to other forum members about RPG-X related topics.

Torinth BLor
Ensign
Ensign

Re: Asteria Hype

Post#21 » Wed Apr 30, 2014 3:33 pm

Griffin Endurance wrote:At the moment I think I am going to be going with a cargo ship. Its features are going to expand on the "linear progressive circuit" approach that I used for Asteria's docking sequence and shuttle pods. Small ship with one deck but lots of functionality.

That map looks equally as great, I'd love to have an alternative map and the idea of a cargo ship fits nicely with the look of the ship.

Lead RPG-X Game Moderator

Martin Thompson
Legendary Advisor
Legendary Advisor

Post#22 » Wed Apr 30, 2014 4:38 pm

harry young wrote:
You're not that far off. The .usables just generates a table (as the .turbolift would do) and the .locations at this time is just feeding a spawnscript for the target_locations taht mostly helps keep the map a little cleaner.

As far as .23-compability goes: Bummer. But I think we can find a sulution to that, it might just take a joint efford Between Gsio, me and Griff. I've been out of dev for a while, but I'm moving back in some time next week (got some plans to enhance the chat)

As far as the source goes: Knock yourself out ;) https://github.com/UberGames/rpgxEF

I've been trying to get the source building on my Windows machine using Visual Studio but no luck. Unfortunately im not really an avid Linux user and have verry little knowledge of makefiles and building software on a linux platform. If I could get it running under VS somehow id also be able to help out, but atm i dont have enough time to go trough all the errors its trowing at me and fix them :(.
Elderly Person at TLO

harry young
Legendary Advisor
Legendary Advisor

Post#23 » Wed Apr 30, 2014 4:45 pm

You could just install mingw... but let's not discuss getting into RPG-X coding here ^^

Callum
System Administrator
System Administrator

Post#24 » Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:16 pm

harry young wrote:You could just install mingw... but let's not discuss getting into RPG-X coding here ^^

Perhaps not here in this thread, but there is room for a thread in the general forum and I'd be very interested to read about the development of rpgxEF and things!

Corentin196
Ensign
Ensign

Post#25 » Sun May 11, 2014 11:29 am

Griffin Endurance wrote:
Corentin196 wrote:So as I understand it the map will run with rpgxEF 2.2b8.4.4, but not with 2.3? It's good that I never did the update then :D

Yes it should work with that, not sure how many people you can get on there but let me know when you try it lol

Well after several play time I can say that on rpgxEF 2.2 b8.4.4 the map runs well with 7 people. The only problem I noted being that after three hours of playtime without reloading the map I, the host, became invisible to every players. Neither disconnecting and reconnecting nor even quitting the game solve the problem. :|

Martin Thompson
Legendary Advisor
Legendary Advisor

Post#26 » Sun May 11, 2014 2:52 pm

Corentin196 wrote:
Well after several play time I can say that on rpgxEF 2.2 b8.4.4 the map runs well with 7 people. The only problem I noted being that after three hours of playtime without reloading the map I, the host, became invisible to every players. Neither disconnecting and reconnecting nor even quitting the game solve the problem. :|

That is a common problem in RPG-X and not a map-related issue (Both Solaris and Vanderbilt are known to have this issue, and probably some other maps). The only way to fix it is indeed a server restart.
Elderly Person at TLO

Return to “General Chat”