Asteria Hype

Chat to other forum members about RPG-X related topics.

Topic author
callum603
Ensign
Ensign

Asteria Hype

Post#1 » Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:34 pm

Myself and my community are all looking forward to the release of your new map on Wednesday, we plan on getting it uploaded to our RPG-X server and getting on it as soon as we can, in fact the event is scheduled for one hour after you release the map, we even plan on doing our first RP aboard Asteria this Saturday.

We're a small group only 5 of us in the RPG-X division, but we do have fun and we're all excited for this release.

I've been looking through the features and some of your Youtube vids, wish I hadn't, made me even more excited to use it. I've never seen an RPG-X map with all those features.
--
Admiral Callum Jackson
Fleet Commanding Officer
Earth's Elite

Web: http://www.earthelite.co.uk
E-Mail: callumjackson@earthelite.co.uk

Griffin Endurance
The Griffster
The Griffster

Re: Asteria Hype

Post#2 » Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:55 am

Glad you are looking forward to it. I am a little concerned about server loads though so you might not be running it at all, though I think with 5 of you it should be OK. There's still a lot of work for me to do past release, I have to deal with any bugs, put together the bonus map for the pack, and if there are server load issues I will have to release leto which is a scaled down standard rpg-x map. If you have any problems with the release post it in the bugs section of the forums and I will deal with it asap, I have a day off work the day after release to fix any severe issues.

Anyway, glad your looking forward to it, only a day and 11 hours to go!

Oh and welcome to the forums!

Torinth BLor
Ensign
Ensign

Post#3 » Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:16 am

Hehe, It seems the general idea on release day is the same.

I myself head up the RPG-X Area over at ufplanets.com and I've scheduled to have it uploaded to our server the second I get my hands on it ;) the map is amazing! by far the best map I've ever seen for RPG-X and that isn't an overstatement heh.

Honastly hats off to you Griffin :)

Lead RPG-X Game Moderator

Topic author
callum603
Ensign
Ensign

Post#4 » Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:43 am

Torinth BLor wrote:by far the best map I've ever seen for RPG-X and that isn't an overstatement heh.

Too true. I've seen other maps that have amazed me, but this one... You should be proud of what you've created here, Griffin.

Bonus map for the pack, intriguing, any hints on what that might be? :)

I hope our server will be able to run it. We've not got a high end server and there's a lot on it, might shut some other stuff down or move it to our new server IF it get's setup in time.

Torinth, hows everyone over at UFPlanets doing? I used to be a member over there a while back, retired now due to moving over to run Earth's Elite. I do miss the community though, I pop in every now and then.
--
Admiral Callum Jackson
Fleet Commanding Officer
Earth's Elite

Wmeacham
Crewman
Crewman

Post#5 » Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:02 am

I know i've been eagerly waiting for this to be released. I have had email updated since ive learned about it on youtube.

Torinth BLor
Ensign
Ensign

Post#6 » Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:37 am

callum603 wrote:
Torinth BLor wrote:by far the best map I've ever seen for RPG-X and that isn't an overstatement heh.

Torinth, hows everyone over at UFPlanets doing? I used to be a member over there a while back, retired now due to moving over to run Earth's Elite. I do miss the community though, I pop in every now and then.

Well if you've not been to the site in a while you'd sure be in for a huge surprise, A LOT of changes.

Topic author
callum603
Ensign
Ensign

Post#7 » Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:05 pm

Indeed there have. I did like there old theme.

Do they still have the rule of only being in their fleet?
--
Admiral Callum Jackson
Fleet Commanding Officer
Earth's Elite

Torinth BLor
Ensign
Ensign

Post#8 » Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:34 pm

callum603 wrote:Indeed there have. I did like there old theme.

Do they still have the rule of only being in their fleet?

We lifted that a while back :) there are certain limitations, but very few.

Corentin196
Ensign
Ensign

Post#9 » Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:47 pm

Hey, just wanted to say that my old French RP group and I can't wait to play on Asteria. We even temporarily reformed the group for one night just for Asteria.
So just for that thank you.

But as most of us including myself have an old version of rpgxEF (V2.2 b8.4.4 Helsinki I think) we wondered if we had to update or not to be able to RP around the map.

Topic author
callum603
Ensign
Ensign

Post#10 » Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:47 pm

I believe we use RPGX V2.2 Beta 8.1 Paris. The same as The Last Outpost which I believe this map has been built to be compatible with. (I downloaded their complete edition, so hopefully it is).

You might have to wait for Griffin to confirm that though.

Does your group have it's own server still?? I'm sure my members wouldn't mind lending the server out for one night if you need one.
--
Admiral Callum Jackson
Fleet Commanding Officer
Earth's Elite

Return to “General Chat”