Skin Port clearance

Chat to other forum members about RPG-X related topics.

Topic author
harry young
Legendary Advisor
Legendary Advisor

Skin Port clearance

Post#1 » Fri May 02, 2014 4:55 pm

Hey Griffin. I've been taking a look at the skins: nice work on those. I'ts a good thing there something new in the mix.

That being said you obviously covered only the base game heads; and that is not a complaint. However, there are other heads that some of us would like to use.

To somewhat simplify that process I'd like to ask you for premission to allow the entire RPG-X community to port your skins to other head models.

Griffin Endurance
The Griffster
The Griffster

Re: Skin Port clearance

Post#2 » Fri May 02, 2014 7:18 pm

I've tried to base the models on the original 'main' uniforms so they are compatible with the original head skins, ie the head skins do not require further texture modding. All you will need to do is create a new pk3 with the .model and .skinset files for the other characters that you want to issue the uniforms too. You can all distribute those at your leisure as it wont require using any of the actual skins from the Asteria Pack you can just list it as a dependency. This will also allow me to update the skin pack without you having to update yours so any changes to the skins will continue to work 'out the box'.

[EDIT] If anyone wants more information on how to add the Asteria skins to their characters feel free to ask, I will let you know how to do it.

Return to “General Chat”