Memory Usage and Info on 2.3.2

Post bug reports of RPG-X maps here.

Topic author
harry young
Legendary Advisor
Legendary Advisor

Memory Usage and Info on 2.3.2

Post#1 » Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:34 pm

This isn't really a bug but some observations, and might be interesting at some point.

I've been looking an Memory and core usage. I've been Using 8.4.4 as provided here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4Fu5J1iswHiVTZGVTdLTmdLa2M/edit?usp=sharing

With a dedicated webserver the game used a total of 123 megs of RAM with an easy 10% usage on my 6 2.8 GHz cores. As for the client that obviously was not the case. It was using 20% of my cores and a peak Memory of 313 MB.

I've also tested the map in the same configuration in 2.3.2. While the server loads the map at an identical Performance and runs find, the client stalls at 25% core usage an 357 MB of RAM and does not continue to load the map. This means that for troubleshooting the map for 2.3 compability we have to look at information transfer on a per frame basis.

I intend to try it in a 64 bit Linux config, see if that makes any change to client usability. Might take a few days tho...

Serris
Legendary Advisor
Legendary Advisor

Re: Memory Usage and Info on 2.3.2

Post#2 » Thu May 01, 2014 2:56 am

The version you're using for testing is out of date. RPG-X 2.3.4B is the latest release. It fixes the buffer overflow crash in the name system and is on GitHub here.

Topic author
harry young
Legendary Advisor
Legendary Advisor

Re: Memory Usage and Info on 2.3.2

Post#3 » Thu May 01, 2014 1:39 pm

I know it's not up to date, but it's the version RPO uses. I'll test it sometime, don'rt worry ;)

Return to “Bug Reports”