Station Leto

News

Topic author
Griffin Endurance
The Griffster
The Griffster

Station Leto

Post#1 » Thu May 01, 2014 8:17 am

So with the obvious issues with getting Asteria working with v2.3, I decided many months ago that I would create a sister station to support that version. I have stripped out feature after feature until the map loads with 2.3 which it now does, now its a matter of re-texturing an finishing the map so it looks somewhat presentable.

For those interested in what functionality has been removed, the answer to that question is the damage system. You can't toggle on and off systems with Leto, there's no life support system and the AI core has been replaced with a run of the mill computer core which is smaller. I will keep you all posted on my progress.

Topic author
Griffin Endurance
The Griffster
The Griffster

Re: Station Leto

Post#2 » Sun May 04, 2014 7:36 pm

So after a long battle with functionality vs practicality In which I lost, I decided to remove all entities from Asteria and change the very nature of the map. Asteria was based around the AI with the crew supposedly being there to support her with maintenance/engineering/utility being the focus of the map. Hence the reason why there is system damage and a shuttlepod "utility craft and engineering repairs".

So what is Leto going to be, we its a very different station but as Asteria is build from modular parts like most outposts there is bound to be a similar station out there somewhere and that station is Leto. Constructed at around about the nemesis film period "10 years before Asteria" it has now seen better days. The station is a little old and has been bodged back together with duct tape and sticky back plastic but the years of damage and abuse have left the stations doors, carpets and walls scuffed and stained.

Anyway after caulking the whole map, flipping most of the levels around and applying textures one brush at a time I have some shots of ops and level 2. No engineering pit in ops or holographic display which is a more modern technology. The CO's office is next to the viewscreen and there is no officers mess. The whole station has a sovy style theme using textures from Freelance, most of which will be changed to suit the map better.

Picture Time!!!!

leto1.jpg

leto2.jpg

leto3.jpg

leto4.jpg

Return to “News”